MORE ABOUT US - An explanation of the PTA in detail
In the last several years the PTA has consistently raised annual profits in excess of £4,500 and we always strive to beat that target each year!
Our fundraising is all about enriching our children's experience through the added extras we provide. We are guided by school staff to make the right choices based on their changing needs.
Regular fund-raising events and activities have included:
· Annual Christmas Fayre and Summer Fair
· Quiz Nights
· Personalised Christmas Card sales
· Monthly Cake Sales, joined in the summer weeks by Ice Pop sales
· The ‘100 Club’ monthly lottery
· Recycling Schemes
· Craft Stalls at Marlens and Clevedon Pride Festivals
· School Calendar or School Tea Towels
· Selling of second-hand school uniforms at all major events and open days
· Annual Family Ceilidh
· Themed Fundraising Weeks
· Chocolate Easter Treasure Hunt
. ...and a whole host more with the creative brains of our parents!
With the profits raised, each year the PTA funds and hosts such activities as:
· the children’s Valentine’s Disco and Leaver’s Disco
· Birthday Boxes lodged in each classroom for all children
· Year 6 leavers’ yearbooks
· Year 6 Pilgrim Day to Wells Cathedral
· Subsidy of some school trips, especially the transport costs for the annual Year
5/6 summer camp.
· Book bags for new intake Reception children
· Christmas Crackers for the school Christmas lunch
· Special Event parties, eg: Royal Weddings, Jubilee
· we regularly collect the school’s paper recycling loads to help the school avoid the hefty collection charges.
And then, of course, the PTA funds various specific requests from the school. Items from the school’s ‘Shopping List’ has included;
· New library books
· Mud kitchen for the infant playground
· Visualisers for each key stage
· Explorer Dome whole school visit
· New waterproofs for Reception class
· Hall hire for our Summer Performance
· Whole school Storybox Theatre visit
· Whole School Hinduism Workshops
· Dance Club performance costumes and props
Over the last two years our fundraising has been primarily focused on the new school build and what children will need once the building work is complete. Targeted fundraising for specific items such as a new library selection and playground redevelopment are high on our agenda!
If you would like to get involved in any of the fundraising activities or have an idea for a new project - please contact one of the committee members!