Our Curriculum at All Saints C of E VC Primary School.
Our school curriculum promotes our school values of Consideration, Creativity, Confidence, Excellence and Belonging. The curriculum is the means by which the school achieves its objective of educating children in the knowledge, skills and understanding that they need in order to lead fulfilling lives.
We believe that the children in our school will achieve quality experiences through the provision of:
- A broad, balanced and challenging curriculum
- Innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning
- A rich, varied and progressive range of learning resources
- A secure and stimulating learning environment
- A committed working partnership with staff, parents, children and the wider community
- An ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed
- Appropriate tools and attitudes for learning
- Upholding traditional Christian values in an ever changing society
The Curriculum at All Saints Church of England VC Primary.
Our commitment to high quality teaching and learning is demonstrated through all staff working collaboratively towards common goals in order to “educate” the whole child at our school
At this School our emphasis is about learning to learn, equipping children with the skills that they need in order to become valued citizens of the future.
The school has developed its own curriculum based on the National Curriculum, local curriculum and the Bath and Wells Diocese Religious Education syllabus. Our curriculum links to our locality, helping provide real experiences relating to the children’s interests and needs which we deliver through a themed approach. This better enables a child to make links between areas of learning and more deeply engage with content.
Within their learning the children experience class, group and individual learning challenges, whilst focusing on the North Somerset Key Skills for Learning.
The quality of our educational provision and delivery has been acknowledged by North Somerset and visitors from Holland, Morocco, Kenya and local schools have come to our school to see the theory in action.
The children’s experiences are further enriched by such activities as concerts, class trips, theatre visits, outings, visitors to assemblies and a variety of extra curricular activities, which include creative dance, multi-sports, craft and art clubs. There is also a residential outdoor pursuits week and a cultural residential for Years 5 & 6.
At Foundation level we follow the recommended Foundation Curriculum.
- Copies of year group Curriculum Plans are available within the Class Folder under the Children's section of the website.
- The two year Curriculum Cycle can be located within Key Information.
The National Curriculum is available on the following link:
We believe that children learn best in different ways. At our school, we provide a rich and varied learning environment, both inside and outside, that allows all children to develop their skills and abilities.