The school council members take part in lots of activities, including;
- Listening to the views and concerns of other pupils
- Representing these views to teachers and Mr Webber
- Coming up with ideas to help improve the school and make decisions within their chosen department
Being a school minister is a very responsible position as children have to have lots of sensible ideas and sometimes have to attend meetings and do things in their lunch time. However, it’s a chance to play an important part in our All Saints community.
The four departments are;
|Some of the activities carried out by each department.|
PE & Health
|Supporting the provision of PE, clubs on offer and playtime activities. Helping to maintain healthy options in school and lunches.|
Safety & Environment
|Reviewing how safe the school is, helping identify risks and also how to improve the school site. Exploring being Eco friendly and e-safety.|
|Planning and delivering weekly assemblies and acts of worship through the year. Exploring the religious aspect of the school.|
|Being involved in learning reviews and touring with visitors to the school. Taking part in interviews for new staff.|
In each Department there will be a Y6 child as Department Secretary and a representative (Minister) from each class.
The role of the Secretary is to:
- Call meetings when requested
- Ensure all Ministers are taking matters to class for discussion
- Collate information from the Ministers
- Report back to members of staff as requested
The role of the Minister is to:
- Take matters back to class for further discussion
- Report back to the Secretary with their findings / information
- Attend necessary meetings.
During 2015-16, the School Council have:
- Department of Worship met to plan and deliver weekly acts of worship.
- Department for Learning met gain feedback from classes on’ What we think every child should learn’ and ‘Things we would like to learn.’
- Feedback was provided to the Parochial Parish Council on what the pupils had learnt in term 3.
- The Department for PE. met and went to classes to agree team names for PE. The
- department ministers fed back about sports to try. The Ministers for PE also met about school dinners.
- The Department for Safety met regarding the e-safety day.
- The Department for the Environment are having a walk through the school to identify areas that need improving.
- The Learning ministers were actively invovled in the apopoint process for two teachers in the school, providing valuable feedback to the interview panel.
- The Secretaries for each area provided Dr. liam Fox with a tour of the school, sharing the good practice and how the pupils engage with a living active curriculum.
- The environment Ministers have met with representative from Clevedon Pride to explore how the school can work with them to enhance the town of Clevedon.